embodied mindfulness to transform trauma in group therapy
Wisdom Circles are mindfulness group therapy designed to help you transform your depression, anxiety, and ADHD into 'embodied mental emotional health'.
Wisdom Circles for Couples/Partners::
whole brain living & loving
Sundays, June 4 & June 11, 2023
Creating Unity Together
We design the world through the relationships we live and the relationship quality we pass on to the next generation. When we practice more awareness in our close relationships, we rewrite the past. We can heal, we can integrate, and through that, we can change the world. Transparent Communication is the central practice, which links spirituality to our everyday life and relationships.~THOMAS HUBL
These unique Wisdom Circle groups create support and heart-felt experiences for creating strong foundations of love and respect in every conversation that creates a dynamic, purposeful and joyful life!
We will explore how to cultivate the consciousness of understanding, generosity, and stability, even in such busy lives.
You will experience how researched practical applications of breathing, gentle movement, mindfulness for being non-reactive create immediate results.
Contents and science will be referencing Jill Bolte Taylor's Whole Brain Living research.
Wisdom Circle Workshops will be held on ::
Sunday, June 4th, & Sunday, June 11th from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. EST
on Zoom and in-person at Studio Be.*
*In-person reservations must be made by contacting Nina at 919-559-0464.
Investment: $75 per couple for 1-class or $125 for both (2) classes.
The Wisdom Circle Method developed and facilitated by Nina Be is so profoundly powerful that it was studied by researchers at Duke University.
I'm yoga therapist, Nina Be
and I specialize in Transformative Trauma.
For the past 40 years I have helped over 3,000 individuals free themselves from depression, PTSD, anxiety, grief and relationship issues with food and love.
Here is what you need to know...
There is nothing,
and I mean NOTHING,
"sick," "bad," or "broken" about you.
We ALL are in the process of transforming trauma into TRUTH, so that we can live fully and mindfully.
We gather in Wisdom Circles to collectively witness and experience opportunities and invitations for our trauma to transform.
We want you to have the support when you need!
“There is a special quality of stillness in a person who encounters the shadow wholeheartedly. Your body may relax in their company because it understands, in the subtle communications of their presence, that nothing is excluded in themselves, therefore nothing in you can be rejected. Such a person, who has given up guarding against the shadow, who has come to wear their scars with dignity, no longer squirms from discomfort or bristles at suffering. They no longer brace in avoidance of conflict. They carry a deep willingness to dance with the inconstancy of life. They've given up distancing as a strategy, and made vulnerability their ally.”
~ Toko-pa Turner
The Wisdom Circle Method
The Wisdom Circle Method developed & facilitated by nina be and has been studied by researchers at Duke University for its power to transform trauma. It draws on a wide range of ancient wisdom and modern knowledge.
- Each Wisdom Circle begins with paying attention to the simple act of breathing into the body, as an introduction to feeling more alive, as stress is relieved. (MindBody Centering Yoga)
- We then, rest together and notice feeling each part of the body, with respect and curiosity, in order to to reduce emotional reactivity and increase self-regulation. (Yoga Nidra)
- As we slowly move, the body is invited to feel more comfort and calm for self regulation and health. (Polyvagal Theory)
- The core relationship for our lives is with our bodies. When we understand the body better, how it grows and expresses, we understand how we are really doing in the world, moment to moment. This is embodiment. (Body Mind Centering)
- As we develop a sense of Self, we can move into relationships with others, with knowledge of our tendencies of reactivity, which may be rooted in patterns of behavior from generations of familial, cultural, societal and spiritual practices. (Humanism/Family Systems)
- The central portion of the session explores our expressive writing to strengthen each person’s voice and positive identity. (Expressive Writing)
- We find that shifting into a more positive narrative and self talk can relieve the pressure of hopelessness, positive aspects of the human experience that make life worth living. (Positive Psychology)
- Trauma happens on a spectrum, so waves of intensity ebb and flow. As we learn to tend to moment-to-moment conditions, we feel less abandoned and more supported, hence trusting ourselves. (C- PTSD research from Van de Kolk @ Trauma Institute)
- Each Wisdom Circle Gathering ends with using a powerful mind-body-heart affirmation for processing where we are, where we may go and our commitment to stay with ourselves through it all. (EFT)
Upcoming Wisdom Circles
What Participants Say...
“The approach was brilliant & transformative.” - J. Rodriquez
“I joined to find some ease in my body & mind.” - J Dupuis
“I’m enthused about being good to myself.” - Ananda
Come as you are to this welcoming trauma-informed workshop space.
This mindfulness group therapy course will strengthen your mental emotional health with yoga, breathing, meditation, expressive writing, and compassionate conversation.
LIVE wisdom circle groups at
NC Museum of Art
Mindful Museum: Art-Inspired Wisdom Circles to Build Resilience
mondays @ 6pm est.
jan. 23, feb. 20, march 27, april 17, 2023
10% of all proceeds goes to LiveGlobally, our nonprofit that supports sustainable health globally and locally for women who do not have access to mental health advocacy. This way we can invite female identifying folks into Wisdom Circles, even if they can't afford it.